Videos of services from March 2020 are available
for viewing on a private YOUTUBE channel.
If you’d like the link, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hip’s latest e-news, click here: News
Also know that we will still be sending our members updates via email and posting on FB.
Our e-newsletter is posted on our FB Page on Thursdays or if you’d like to receive it directly via email,
then email: email@example.com with the subject “add me” so you can be added to our email list…
then every Thursday, it will be sent to you, along with our monthly e-newsletter
UNITY BUILDING SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES SUSPENDED
On March 12th, the Board of High Plains Church Unitarian Universalist voted unanimously to take precautionary action and temporarily suspend all gatherings in our buildings until further notice.
Caring for EVERYONE is our primary concern, and this step is taken because it is the socially responsible action to take during this corona virus pandemic. Please know that we make this decision from a calm and hopeful demeanor, rather than from fear.
However, worship services, Covenant Groups, classes, and most other activities for High Plains Church Unitarian Universalist will be held in online forums. See instructions for how to connect to the online platform, Zoom, here.
Our community will continue to be as fully operational as possible. Our staff members will continue to work remotely and will answer the main office phone lines and email during regular office hours.
As always, you can contact us any time.
High Plains Church UU
Office: 719-260-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister: 720-975-6235 or email@example.com
What you can do:
- Upload “Zoom” to your phone or computer.” This free program will be used on Sundays for worship and for any sanctioned community activity. Zoom allows us all to be together in a way that we can see one another and stay connected without physical proximity. All of us will be making social choices every day about where we go and who we see. So, even with any small group gatherings, please be mindful that the recommendation is not to meet in person at this time.
- Call your friends and make sure they have seen this message. Stay connected to each other and help each other stay engaged by participating online. Real community can happen and be sustained in this way.
- Watch your email and our Facebook pages for updates and opportunities. Call if you need Tech support.
- Take good care of yourself and others – if you have symptoms or feel sick – stay home. Stay away but stay connected. Please let us know if you are ill or have special needs.
- Continue to be calm and centered. Try to find a middle place of reason between denial and panic. If you need support, reach out to a minister, leader or friend. This is precautionary and meant to bring us all more peace of mind, body and spirit. Our LOVE for one another is stronger than this virus!
- Have confidence. Leadership from all three communities are working together to make these decisions in the best interest of everyone who uses the Unity Campus.
Warmest regards and blessings,
Rev. Julia McKay, High Plains Church Unitarian Universalist