“People come to church longing for, yearning for, hoping for … a sense of roots, place, belonging, sharing and caring.
People come to a church with a search for community, not committee.” — Glenn Turner
Focus: Personal sharing and exploration of the monthly theme in a small group environment
Format: High Plains Church has a vibrant small group ministry called Covenant Groups. Groups of 6-12 people meet once a month to share their hopes and hurts, discuss spiritual and life issues, and grow in relationship. They are led by a trained facilitator and work from topics related to a monthly theme.
Frequency: Monthly (2 hour commitment)
Join a Covenant Group: There are sign up sheets on bulletin boards outside the fellowship hall for those who would like to join or switch Covenant Groups. If you want to get involved or just want more information, please contact the Small Group Ministry steering team chairs at email@example.com.
INVITATION: A New Covenant Group is Forming!
and Beth Blakney of the Small Group Ministry team at:
Goals of Small Group Ministry
The Small Group Ministry program deepens and broadens personal spiritual growth. This is done through five components:
- Listening: Deep listening is gift for both the speaker and the listener. A connection forms when we share and give this gift to each other.
- Worship: Worship is central to the life of our congregation. Small Group Ministry augments and strengthens our shared experience.
- Community: Small groups meet the need for connection and intimacy that is both a hunger in our society and essential to the ongoing life of a religious community.
- Learning: People come to the church seeking spiritual growth, seeking to know themselves better, to grow into their understanding of the world and to ponder the age old questions of faith: how to live, what to believe, how to act, what meanings we can decipher from the mystery of life.
- Service: A life of faith is a life of service. As human beings, we seek to be of use, and a healthy congregation needs to provide avenues through which we may serve.